Tattenhall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Golbourn Bellow, Newton by Tattenhall, and Golborne Bellow.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1579
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TATTENHALL, a village, a township, a parish, and a sub-district, in Great Boughton district, Cheshire. The village stands 1 mile S of the Chester and Crewe railway, and 8 SE of Chester; contains many good residences; and has a post-office under Chester, a r. station, subscription reading rooms, and fairs on 21 May and 18 Nov. The township comprises 2,906 acres. Real property, £6,743. Pop., 1,033. Houses, 216. The manor belongs to R. Barbour, Esq. The parish includes two other townships, and comprises 4,134 acres. Pop., 1,262. Houses, 255. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £300. The church is ancient but good. There are Independent and Methodist chapels, a national school, and charities £23. The sub-district contains ten parishes, and parts of four other s. Acres, 34,688. Pop., 7,539. Houses, 1,480.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Malpas
- Poor Law Union: Great Boughton
- Hundred: Broxton
- Province: York