Swettenham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Kermincham.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1547
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1596
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SWETTENHAM, a township and a parish in Congleton district, Cheshire. The township lies on the river Dane, 2 miles E of Holmes-Chapel r. station, and 5 NW by W of Congleton. Acres, 991. Real property, £2,098. Pop., 187. houses, 36. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to Mrs. Swettenham. The parish contains also Kermincham township, and comprises 2,200 acres. Post town, Congleton. Pop., 350. Houses, 62. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £330. Patron, the Rev. R. Blincoe. The church is ancient. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Congleton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Congleton
- Hundred: Northwich
- Province: York