Stretton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1830 from chapelry in Great Budworth Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Stretton near Warrington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1827
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1827
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STRETTON, a township and a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire. The township lies 3½ miles S by E of Warrington r. station. Acres, 1,118. Real property, £3,420. Pop., 373. Houses, 70. The manor belongs to N. D. Milner, Esq. The chapelry was constituted in 1833; and it has a post-office under Warrington. Pop., 833. Houses, 159. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £180. Patron, T. H. Lyon, Esq. The church was built in 1827. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Runcorn
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Runcorn
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York