Stockton Heath is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Cheshire and partly in Lancashire; Created in 1838 from Great Budworth Ancient Parish and Runcorn Ancient Parish (both Cheshire) and Warrington Ancient Parish (Lancashire).
Alternative names: Stocton Heath
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1838
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOCKTON-HEATH, a village in Great Budworth parish, and a chapelry partly also in Runcorn parish, Cheshire. The village stands on the Bridgewater canal, 1 mile S of Warrington r. station; has a post-office under Warrington, and a police station with lock-up; and carries on extensively a manufacture of spades. The chapelry was constituted in 1838. Pop., 1,763. Houses, 375. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patrons, Messrs. Greenall. . The church was built in 1826. There is a Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Runcorn
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Runcorn
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York