Stanlow is an extra-parochial place.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers:
- Bishop’s Transcripts:
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANLOW, an extra-parochial tract in Great Boughton district, Cheshire; on the Mersey, 8 miles N of Chester. Acres, 1,485; of which 1,255 are water. Real property, £440. Pop., 14. Houses, 2. A Cistertian abbey was founded here, by J. Lacy, in 1170; became a cell to Whalley abbey; and has left some remains.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Great Boughton
- Hundred: Wirral
- Province: York