Ringway is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1722 from Bowdon Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Ringey
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1783
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1786
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RINGEY, or Ringway, a chapelry in Bowdon parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the river Bollin, 3 miles W of Hand forth r. station, and 3½ S E of Altrincham. It was constituted in 1863; and its post town is Altrincham, Cheshire. Pop., 650. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £118. Patron, Lord Egerton. The church was rebuilt in 1720, and was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Altrincham
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Altrincham
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York