Pulford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Poulton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Parishes adjacent to Pulford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PULFORD, a village, a township, and a parish, in Great Boughton district, Cheshire. The village stands on an affluent of the river Dee, at the boundary with Wales, 2 miles N E of Rossett r. station, and 5 S by W of Chester; and has a post-office under Wrexham. The township comprises 1,176 acres. Real property, £1,723. Pop., 222. Houses, 45. The parish contains also the township of Poulton, and comprises 2,567 acres. Real property, £3,446. Pop., 354. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £200. Patron, the Marquis of Westminster. The church was built in 1833; and is in the Tudor style, cruciform, with a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Poulton, a township in Pulford parish, Cheshire; on an affluent of the river Dee, 4½ miles S of Chester. Acres, 1,391. Real property, £1,723. Pop., 132. Houses, 22. A Cistertian abbey was founded here, in 1153, by Robert Pincerna; and was removed, in 1220, to Dieulacres in Staffordshire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
Rural Deanery: Chester
Poor Law Union: Great Boughton