North Rode is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1846 from Prestbury Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1846
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RODE (North) a township-chapelry in Prestburyparish, Cheshire; on the river Dane, and on the North Staffordshire railway, at the junction of the Churnet Valley railway, 4¾ miles S by W of Macclesfield. It has a station with telegraph at the railway-junction; and its post-town is Congleton. Acres, 1,520. Real property, £2,623. Pop., 285. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. Daintry. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150. Patron, the Rev. J. Daintry. The church was built in 1846; and is in the early English style, with a tower. There is an endowed school, with £20 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Macclesfield
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Macclesfield
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York