Norley is a chapelry of Frodsham Ancient Parish in Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1855
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1855
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORLEY, a village and a township-chapelry in Frodsham parish, Cheshire. The village stands near Delamere forest, 2¾ miles WSW of Acton r. station, and 4½ SE of Frodsham; is a scattered place; and has a post-office under Preston-Brook. The chapelry comprises 1,367 acres. Real property, £3,303. Pop., 728. Houses, 145. The manor belongs to A. H. S. Barry, Esq. Norley House is the seat of the Hon. A. Lascelles; and Norley Hall, of S. Woodhouse, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £64. Patron, S. Woodhouse, Esq. The church was built in 1832, repaired and improved in 1863; and is in the pointed style, with a pinnacled tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and United Free Methodists, and an endowed churchschool.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Runcorn
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Runcorn
- Hundred: Eddisbury
- Province: York