Lower Whitley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1824 from Great Budworth Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Whitley Inferior and Whitley Superior.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1777
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1847
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITLEY (Lower), a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; consisting of W.-Inferior and W.-Superior townships. Acres, 2,129. Pop., 578. Houses, 115. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £130. Patron, Sir J. M. L. Chetwode, Bart. The church is in W.-Inferior, and was improved in 1865. A national school also is there; and a Wesleyan chapel is in W.-Superior.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Runcorn
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Runcorn
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York