Lower Peover is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1814 from Great Budworth Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Allostock, Inferior Peover, Peover Inferior, and Plumbley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Unitarian.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PEOVER (Lower), a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; on the river Peover, 2¾ miles S by W of Knutsford r. station. It comprises the townships of Nether Peover, Inferior Peover, Allostock, and Plumbley; and its post town is Nether Peover, under Knutsford. Acres, 5,738. Real property, £10,085. Pop., 1,268. Houses, 240. The manors of Peover Inferior and Plumbley belong to Lord De Tabley; that of Nether Peover, to Lord De Tabley and Sir W. Shakerley, Bart.; and that of Allostock, to Sir W. Shakerley, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £96. Patron, Lord De Tabley. The church is of the 13th century; has a stone tower of 1562; and was restored, at a cost of £1,300, in 1852. There is a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Altrincham
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Altrincham
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York