Little Leigh is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1728 from chapelry in Great Budworth Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1782
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEIGH (LITTLE), a village, a township, and a chapelry in Great Bedworth parish, Cheshire. The village stands near the Grand Trunk canal and the river Weaver, 3½ miles NW of Northwich r. station; and has a postal pillar under Northwich. The township comprises 1,529 acres. Real property, £2,930. Pop., 409. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to Lord Leigh. The chapelry includes also the townships of Dutton and Bartington; and was constituted in 1833. Pop., 914. Houses, 147. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £160. Patron, the Vicar of Great Budworth. The church is a brick building, with a turret. The parsonage was rebuilt in 1864. There are a Baptist chapel, a village school, and charities £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Northwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Northwich
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York