Little Budworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1576
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUDWORTH (Little), a parish in Northwich district, Cheshire; on an affluent of the river Weaver, near Delamere forest, 4 miles NE by E of Tarporley, and 4½ SW by W of Hartford r. station. It has a post office under Tarporley. Acres, 2,762. Real property, £3,626. Pop., 582. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £85. Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The ancient church belonged to St. Mary’s nunnery in Chester; and the present one was built in 1798. Dodd’s almshouses have £130 from endowment; and other charities £62.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Northwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Northwich
- Hundred: Eddisbury
- Province: York