Leighton with Minshull is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1850 from Leighton town in Nantwich Ancient Parish and Middlewich Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Minshul Vernon, Minshull, Minshull Vernon, and Bradfield Green.
Alternative names: Leighton, Leighton cum Minshull Vernon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1840
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1840
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEIGHTON, a township in Nantwich parish, Cheshire; near the river Weaver, the Middlewich canal, the Northwestern railway, and the Crewe and Chester railway, 3 miles NNW of Crewe. Acres, 1,244. Real property, £2,306. Pop., 217. Houses, 40. Two old mansions here, now farm-houses, were the seats of the Del Brookes and the Erdswick families. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Nantwich
- Province: York