Henbury is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1851 from Prestbury Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Pexall and Pexhall.
Alternative names: Henbury cum Pexhall, Henbury with Pexhall
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1892
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HENBURY, a township and a chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles W of Macclesfield r. station; includes the hamlet of Pexhall; and bears the name of Henbury-with-Pexhall. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £4,067. Pop., 445. Houses, 93. The manor, with Henbury Hall, belongs to E. Marsland, Esq. The chapelry extends beyond the township, includes part of the borough of Macclesfield, and was constituted in 1845. Post town, Macclesfield. Pop., 1,015. Houses, 231. The living is a p. curacy in.the diocese of Chester. Value, £160. Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church was built in 1845; is in the early English style; and has a lofty spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and an endowed national school, with £20 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Macclesfield
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Macclesfield
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York