Haslington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1766 from chapelry in Barthomley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1645
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1665
Nonconformists include: General Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HASLINGTON, a village and a township-chapelry in Barthomley parish, Cheshire. The village stands near the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles NE of Crewe; and has a post office under Crewe. The chapelry comprises 3, 670 acres. Real property, £6,415. Pop. in 1851, 1,153; in 1861, 1,215. Houses, 242. The increase of pop., and at a rapid rate, was continuing in 1865. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Bronghton, Bart. Haslington Hall is now a farm house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church has a cupola and is a p1ain brick building. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Primitive Mcthodists, and national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Nantwich
- Province: York