Handley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Golborne David and Golbourn David.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1596
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HANDLEY, a township and a parish in Great Boughton district, Cheshire. The township lies near an affluent of the river Dee, 2¼ miles WSW of Tattenhall r. station, and 7½ SE by S of Chester; and has a post office under Chester, and fairs on 10 March and 10 Sept. Acres, 1,334. Real property, £2,608. Pop., 294. Houses, 62. The parish includes also the township of Golbonrn-David, and comprises 1,967 acres. Real property, £3,559. Pop., 364. Houses, 76. The property is subdivided. Building stone is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £253. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Chester. The church was re-built in 1854, but retains an ancient tower. Charities, £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Malpas
- Poor Law Union: Great Boughton
- Hundred: Broxton
- Province: York