Guilden Sutton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1595
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GUILDEN-SUTTON, a parish in Great Boughton district, Cheshire; 3 miles ENE of Chester. Post town, Chester. Acres, 934. Real property, £2,049. Pop., 223. Houses, 36. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £50. Patron, Sir J. T. Stanley, Bart. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Chester
- Poor Law Union: Great Boughton
- Hundred: Broxton
- Province: York