Great Stanney is an extra-parochial place.
Alternative names: Great Stanney
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers:
- Bishop’s Transcripts:
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANNEY (Great and Little), two townships in Stoke parish, Cheshire; 6 and 5 miles N of Chester. Acres, 950 and 797. Real property, £1,441 and £1,516. Pop., 65 and 204. Houses, 8 and 34. The property of Great S. belonged to Stanlow abbey; and that of Little S. belongs now to Sir J. F. Bunbury, Bart.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Great Boughton
- Hundred: Wirral
- Province: York