Grappenhall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1596
- Latchford St James
- Great Budworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRAPPENHALL, a township and a parish in the district of Warrington and county of Chester. The township lies on the Bridgewater canal, near the North-western railway and the river Mersey, 2¾ miles SE by S of Warrington; and has a post office under Warrington. Acres, 1,540. Real property, £5,566. Pop., 701. Houses, 139. The parish includes also the township of Latchford, and contains 2,550 acres. Real property, £14,438. Pop., 3,586. Houses, 712. The property is subdivided. G. Hall and the Heys are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £542. Patron, the Rev. T. Greenall. The church was built in 1539. The two vicarages of Latchford are separate benefices. There two dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Warrington
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Warrington
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York