Elworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1847 from Sandbach Ancient Parish and Warmingham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1846
- Brereton cum Smethwick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ELWORTH, a chapelry in Sandbach and Warmingham parishes, Cheshire; on the Northwestern railway, and on the Trent and Mersey canal, 1½ mile NW of Sandbach. It was constituted in 1847; and its post town is Sandbach. Pop., 1,153. Houses, 220. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patron, the Vicar of Sandbach.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Congleton
Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
Rural Deanery: Middlewich
Poor Law Union: Congleton
Hundred: Nantwich; Northwich