Dane Bridge, Cheshire Family History Guide

Dane Bridge is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1846 from Davenham Ancient Parish and Witton Ecclesiastical Parish.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1846
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1890

Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist

Adjacent Parishes

  • Davenham
  • Hartford
  • Witton
  • Great Budworth

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

DANE-BRIDGE, a chapelry in Davenham and Great Budworth parishes, Cheshire; on the river Dane, near Northwich town and r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its post town is Northwich. Pop., 2,315. Houses, 493. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £160. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Cheshire
  • Civil Registration District: Northwich
  • Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: undefined
  • Rural Deanery: Middlewich
  • Poor Law Union: Northwich
  • Hundred: Northwich
  • Province: York