Coppenhall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Monk’s Coppenhall, Monks Coppenhall, and Church Coppenhall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1579
Crewe Christ Church
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- Leighton with Minshull
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COPPENHALL, two townships and a parish in Nantwich district, Cheshire. Church-Coppenhall township lies on the North-Western railway, 1½ mile NNW of Crewe r. station, and 5 NE of Nantwich. Acres, 1,530. Real property, £2,987. Pop., 822. Houses, 175. Monks-Coppenhall township lies round the junction of railways at Crewe station; and includes the town of Crewe. Acres, 1,318. Real property, £15,532. Pop., 8,159. Houses, 1,473. The parish consists wholly of these two townships. Post town, Crewe. Real property, £18,519. Pop., in 1841, 747; in 1861, 8,981. Houses, 1,648. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £216. Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church was rebuilt in 1851; and is a brick edifice, with a tower. The p. curacy of Crewe is a separate benefice.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Nantwich
- Province: York