Congleton St James is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1844 from Congleton St Peter Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1844
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1886
Nonconformists include: Countess of Huntingdon Methodist, General Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Methodist New Connexion, Presbyterian Unitarian, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Congleton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Congleton
- Hundred: Northwich
- Province: York