Coddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Other places in the parish include: Aldersey and Chowley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1680
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1585
- Chester St Oswald
- Kings Marsh
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CODDINGTON, a township and a parish in Great Boughton district, Cheshire. The township lies on an affluent of the river Dee, 4½ miles SSW of Tattenhall r. station, and 5½ NNW of Malpas; and had formerly a market. Acres, 1,399. Real property, £1,927. Pop., 139. Houses, 17. The parish contains also the townships of Chowley and Aldersey; and its post town is Farndon, under Chester. Acres, 2,957. Real property, £4,226. Pop., 325. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Chester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £262. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Chester. The church has Norman columns, early English arches, and a modern belfry; and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Great Boughton
Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
Rural Deanery: Malpas
Poor Law Union: Great Boughton