Church Hulme is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1733 from chapelry in Sandbach Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Cranage.
Alternative names: Holmes Chapel
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1613
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1576
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHURCH-HULME, a township-chapelry and a sub-district, in Congleton district, Cheshire. The chapelry lies on the river Dane, and on the Manchester and Birmingham railway, 6½ miles WNW of Congleton; is in the parish of Sandbach; bears also the name of Holmes-Chapel; and has a station of that name on the railway, and a post office of the same name under Middlewich. Acres, 864. Real property, £2,741. Pop., 573. Houses, 125. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patron, the Vicar of Sandbach. The church is old but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £16. The sub-district contains six townships of Sandbach parish, two other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 12,600. Pop., 2,514. Houses, 485.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Congleton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Congleton
- Hundred: Northwich
- Province: York