Chelford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1720 from chapelry in Prestbury Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1674
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1839
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHELFORD, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; on the river Peover, and on the Manchester and Crewe railway, 5 miles ESE of Knutsford. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Congleton. Acres, 290. Real property, £2,318. Pop., 256. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £100. Patron, J. Dixon, Esq. The church is in the early English style, and has a tower and spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Macclesfield
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Macclesfield
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York