Castle Hall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1846 from Stockport St Mary Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1852
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1892
- Ashton under Lyne St Michael, Lancashire
- Mottram in Longendale
- Stalybridge Old St George, Lancashire
- Stalybridge St Paul
- Stalybridge New St George, Lancashire
- Godley cum Newton Green
- Dukinfield St John the Evangelist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CASTLE-HALL, a chapelry in Dukinfield township, Stockport parish, Cheshire; on the verge of the county, adjacent to the river Tame, the Manchester and Sheffield railway, and Stalybridge. It was constituted in 1846. Post Town, Stalybridge, Lancashire. Pop., 7,612. Houses, 1,479. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £300. Patrons, Trustees.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Ashton under Lyne
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Stockport
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York