Carrington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1759 from chapelry in Bowdon Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Partington.1759
Alternative names: Bowden St George
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1759
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1876
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CARRINGTON, a township-chapelry in Bowden parish, Cheshire; on the Mersey, 3¼ miles NW of Broadheath r. station. Post Town, Ashton-on-Mersey. Acres, 2,333. Real property, £4,480. Pop., 521. Houses, 102. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Chester. Value, £375. Patron, the Earl of Stamford. The church is good. There are two Methodist chapels and a n. school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Altrincham
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Altrincham
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York