Capesthorne with Siddington, Cheshire Family History Guide

Capesthorne with Siddington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1846 from Capesthorne Ecclesiastical Parish and Siddington Ecclesiastical Parish.

Other places in the parish include: Siddington.

Alternative names: Capesthorne

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

Capesthorne with Siddington

  • Parish registers: 1718
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1722

Siddington

  • Parish registers: 1722
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1722

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

CAPESTHORNE, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 2½ miles ESE of Chelford r. station, and 5 W by S of Macclesfield. Post Town, Chelford, under Congleton. Acres, 748. Real property, £1,294. Pop., 114. Houses, 20. Capesthorne Hall is the seat of the Davenports; and was burnt in 1861. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £76. Patron, E. D. Davenport, Esq. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Cheshire
  • Civil Registration District: Macclesfield
  • Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
  • Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
  • Poor Law Union: Macclesfield
  • Hundred: Macclesfield
  • Province: York