Byley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1848 from Middlewich Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: St John Byley and Byley with Lees.
Alternative names: Biley cum Yatehouses, Byley cum Yatehouse, Byeley with Yatehouse
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1855
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BYLEY, a township in Middlewich parish, and a chapelry in Middlewich, Devenham, and Sandbach parishes, Cheshire. The township bears the name of Byleycum-Yatehouse; and lies near the Trunk canal, 2 miles N of Middlewich, and 3½ NE of Winsford r. station. Acres, 1,030. Real property, £1,724. Pop., 124. Houses, 21. The chapelry bears the name of Byleywith-Lees, or St. John Byley; and was constituted in 1847. Post Town, Middlewich. Pop., 460. Houses, 90. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Middlewich.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Northwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Northwich
- Hundred: Northwich
- Province: York