Burwardsley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1767 from Bunbury Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Burdwardsley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1818
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1818
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURWARDSLEY, a township-chapelry in Bunbury parish, Cheshire; 2 miles SW by S of Beeston r. station, and 4½ SSW of Tarporley. Post Town, Tattenhall, under Chester. Acres, 1,039. Real property, £1,513. Pop., 500. Houses, 106. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £50. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in the former part of last century. There are a P. Methodist chapel, and charities £41.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Broxton
- Province: York