Buglawton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1841 from chapelry in Astbury Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Eaton.
Alternative names: Bugawton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1839
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1893
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Congleton St Peter
- Leek, Staffordshire
- Congleton St Stephen
- Biddulph, Staffordshire
- North Rode
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUGLAWTON, a township-chapelry in Astbury parish, Cheshire; on the river Dane and the North Stafford railway, 2 miles NE of Congleton. Post Town, Congleton. Acres, 2,852. Real property, £8,127. Pop., 2,014. Houses, 411. B. Hall is the seat of the Pearsons. There are several silk-mills and a cotton-mill. The living is a p. curacy in the dio. of Chester. Value, £160. Patron, the Rector of Astbury. The church is good. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Congleton
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Middlewich
- Poor Law Union: Congleton
- Hundred: Northwich
- Province: York