Bredbury is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1846 from Stockport St Mary Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1879
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Stockport St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BREDBURY, a township-chapelry in Stockport parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the Peak Forest canal, 2 miles ENE of Stockport r. station. Post Town, Stockport. Acres, 2,521. Real property, £15,075; of which £1,398 are in mines. Pop., 3,408. Houses, 676. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Chester. Value, £160. Patron, alt. the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Stockport
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Stockport
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York