Bosley is a chapelry of Prestbury Ancient Parish in Cheshire.
Alternative names: Bosly
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1728
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1615
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Leek, Staffordshire
- North Rode
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOSLEY, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the Macclesfield canal and the North Stafford railway, 6 ½ miles S by W of Macclesfield. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Congleton. Acres, 3,180. Real property, £3,351. Pop., 461. Houses, 94. There is a large reservoir connected with the Macclesfield canal. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Prestbury. The church was recently rebuilt.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Macclesfield
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Macclesfield
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York