Birtles is a chapelry of Prestbury Ancient Parish in Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1890
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Macclesfield Christ Church
- Capesthorne with Siddington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BIRTLES, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 2¾ miles W by N of Macclesfield r. station. Post Town, Alderley, under Congleton. Acres, 460. Real property, £980. Pop., 73. Houses, 11. Birtles Hall is the seat of T. Hibbert, Esq. A Roman urn and some other Roman relics have been found. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £50. Patron, T. Hibbert, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Macclesfield
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Macclesfield
- Poor Law Union: Macclesfield
- Hundred: Macclesfield
- Province: York