Bickerton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1840 from Malpas Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Duckington, Egerton, Larkton, Bulkeley, and Broxton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1847
- Malpas St Chad
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BICKERTON, a township and a chapelry in Malpas parish, Cheshire. The township lies 4 miles S of Beeston r. station, and 5 NE of Malpas; and has a post office under Whitchurch. Acres, 1,755. Real property, £2,062. Pop., 379. Houses, 82. Bickerton hill commands a fine view, and has yielded some Roman coins. The chapelry is more extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1843. Pop., 1,357. Houses, 276. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patrons, the Rectors of Malpas.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Malpas
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Broxton
- Province: York