Barnton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1843 from Great Budworth Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1849
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1855
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Association.
- Little Leigh
- Great Budworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARNTON, a township and a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire. The township lies near the Northwestern railway, 2 miles NW of Northwich; and has a post office under that town. Acres, 751. Real property, £3,052. Pop., 1,219. Houses, 264. The chapelry is more extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1843. Pop., 1,431. Houses, 310. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, 120. Patron, the Bishop. The church is good; and there are three Methodist chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Northwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Frodsham
- Poor Law Union: Northwich
- Hundred: Bucklow
- Province: York