Baddiley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cheshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1579
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1596
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BADDILEY, a parish in Nantwich district, Cheshire; on the Ellesmere canal and the Shropshire Union rail way, 3 miles SW by W of Nantwich r. station. Post town, Nantwich. Acres, 1,962. Real property, £3,258. Pop., 272. Houses, 49. The property is not much divided. The manor formerly belonged to the Mainwaring family; and their seat, Baddiley Hall, a very ancient structure of timber and plaster, was first converted into a farmhouse, and then recently pulled down. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £219. Patron, J. Tollemache, Esq. The church dates from times when public buildings wore generally constructed of timber; consisted entirely of oak till 1811, but was then encased with brick; is still in pretty good condition; and contains two fine marble monuments of the Mainwarings. Charities, £43.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Cheshire
- Civil Registration District: Nantwich
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
- Rural Deanery: Nantwich
- Poor Law Union: Nantwich
- Hundred: Nantwich
- Province: York