Antrobus is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1848 from Great Budworth Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1848
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker
- Great Budworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ANTROBUS, a township and a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire. The township lies 3 miles NE of Acton r. station, and 4½ NW of Northwich. Acres, 2,086. Real property, £4,233. Pop. 514. Houses, 99. Pop. of the chapelry, 673. Post Town, Northwich. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Great Budworth. The church was built in 1848, and improved in 1863. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Runcorn
Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
Rural Deanery: Frodsham
Poor Law Union: Runcorn