Alvanley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1741 from chapelry in Frodsham Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1809
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1811
- Thornton le Moors
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALVANLEY, a township-chapelry in Frodsham parish, Cheshire; near Delamere forest, 1¾ mile S of Dunham r. station, and 3 SSW of Frodsham. Post Town, Frodsham under Preston-Brook; Acres, 1,532. Real property, £2,171. Pop., 330. Houses, 55. The manor has belonged, for many generations, to the Arden family; and gives them the title of Baron. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £160. Patrons, the Hon. Miss Arden and others. The church was built in 1860, and a national school in 1861.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Runcorn
Probate Court: Pre-1541 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1540 - Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1541 - Lichfield and Coventry, Post-1540 - Chester
Rural Deanery: Frodsham
Poor Law Union: Runcorn