Abberwick, co. Northumherland. P. T. Alnwick (311). Pop. 125. A township in the parish of Edlingham, North Coquetdale Ward. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Abberwick, a township in Edlingham parish, Northumberland; on the river Alne, 3½ miles W of Alnwick. Acres, 1,673. Pop, 133. Houses, 26. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Abberwick, a township, in the parish of Edlingham, union of Alnwick, N division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 4 miles (W.) from Alnwick; containing 170 inhabitants. It includes the north-eastern part of the parish, adjoining Alnwick moor; and near it runs the river Aln, which is here joined by the Lemmington brook. Source: A Topographical …
Abberwick, a township in the parish of Edlingham, northern division of Coquetdale ward, Northumberland; 4 miles north-west of Alnwick. Pop., in 1801, 99; in 1831, 135. Houses 26. Poor rates, in 1837, £45. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Abberwick, a tnshp. in the par. of Edlingham and north div. of Coquetdale ward, union of Alnwick, in the co. of Northumberland, 3 miles W. of Alnwick. It is situated on the river Alne. Source: The National Gazetteer: a Topographical Dictionary of the British Islands compiled from the latest and best sources and illustrated with a …
Abbey-Lands, a township, in the parish and union of Alnwick, E division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland; containing 295 inhabitants. Heckley House belongs to Josh. Hewitson, Esq. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Acton, a township in the parish of Felton, Northumberland; 7½ miles south from Alnwick; containing, with the hamlet of Old Felton, a population of 113 in 1801; and of 101 in 1831. Houses 22. Poor rates, in 1837, £58. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Alemouth is a small sea-port town, in the county of Northumberland, situate at the mouth of the river Alne, 5 miles East from Alnwick, and 6 miles North from Warkworth. It has no market or fair; notwithstanding large quantities of corn are annually shipped from hence. This was one of the forfeited estates of Henry …
Allandale is thirty miles west of Newcastle, ten west of Hexham, and twelve east from Aldstone. – No carriages come directly to this place: Thomas Nevin and Francis Shuld are carriers to and from Newcastle; the rate is 3d. per stone. – The following are its principal inhabitants: