Gloucestershire

Abenhall, Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Abenhall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Alternative Names: Abbenhall, Abinghall Parish Church: St. Michael Parish registers begin: 1597 Abenhall parish includes: Gunn’s Mills Parishes adjacent to Abenhall Flaxley Longhope Dean Forest Holy Trinity Mitcheldean Historical Overview History The ancient parish of Abenhall, formerly also called Abinghall, which lay 12 m. west …

Abenhall, Gloucestershire Family History Guide Read More »

Abson and Wick Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Abson and Wick is a parish in Gloucestershire. Alternative names: Abson-cum-Wick, Wick and Abson. Other places in the parish include: Holybrook, Bridgegate or Bridge Yate. Parish church: Abson, St. James; Wick, St. Bartholomew (consecrated 1850). Parish registers begin: 1687 Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist. Parishes adjacent to Abson and Wick Warmley Syston Doynton Bitton …

Abson and Wick Gloucestershire Family History Guide Read More »

Abson and Wick Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863

Abson-cum-Wick is a parish and village, 4 miles east from Keynsham railway station, 7 east from Bristol, 7 north-east from Bath, 7 south-west from Chipping Sodbury, 3 south-east from Mangotsfield railway station, and 113 from London, in Pucklechurch hundred, Chipping Sodbury union and county court district, West Gloucestershire, rural deanery of Hawkesbury, Bristol archdeaconry, and …

Abson and Wick Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863 Read More »

Abson and Wick Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Abson and Wick are two villages, forming a parish in Chipping Sodbury union, containing, by the census of 1861, 833, and in 1871, 838 inhabitants, and 2315 acres, in the deanery of Hawkesbury, archdeaconry of Bristol, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Pucklechurch, West Gloucestershire; 3 miles south-east from Mangotsfield Station on the Bristol …

Abson and Wick Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876 Read More »

Abston Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Abston, with Wick, forms a township, parish and village, 4 miles east from Keynsham railway station, 7 east from Bristol, 7 north-east from Bath, 6 south-west from Chipping Sodbury, 3 south-east from Mangotsfield railway station, and 113 from London, in Pucklechurch Hundred, Chipping Sodbury Union, West Gloucestershire, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric. It …

Abston Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856 Read More »

Acton Turville Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Acton Turville is a township, parish, and village. 7 miles east from Yate station, 9½ from Chippenham, 13 from Bath, 17 from Bristol, and 103 from London, in Grumbald’s Ash Hundred, Chipping Sodbury Union, West Gloucestershire, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric. This situated an the high road from Malmesbury to Bristol. The church …

Acton Turville Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856 Read More »

Acton Turville Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863

Acton Turville is a parish and village, 7 miles east from Yate station. 9½ from Chippenham, 13 from Bath, 17 from Bristol, and 103 from London, in Grumbalds Ash hundred, Chipping Sodbury union and county court district, West Gloucestershire, rural deanery of Hawkesbury, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric; it is situated on the …

Acton Turville Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863 Read More »