Berkshire

Aldermaston Berkshire Family History Guide

Aldermaston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire. Parish church: St. Mary Parish registers begin: 1558 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Aldermaston Bucklebury Beenham Valence Stratfield Mortimer Pamber Padworth Baughurst Wasing Silchester Tadley Woolhampton Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 ALDERMASTON, or Admiston, a village and a parish in …

Aldermaston Berkshire Family History Guide Read More »

Aldermaston Cassey History, Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868

Aldermaston is a pleasant village, parish and railway station, 46 miles by rail and 49 by road from London, 10 from Reading, and 9 from Newbury, in the hundred of Theale, union of Bradfield, and diocese of Oxford. About 1½ miles from the village is Aldermaston Wharf, on the river Kennett, where a considerable business …

Aldermaston Cassey History, Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868 Read More »

Aldworth Berkshire Family History Guide

Aldworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1556 Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist Parishes adjacent to Aldworth Moulsford Aston Upthorpe Aston Tirrold Streatley Compton Blewbury Hampstead Norreys Ashampstead Cholsey Aldworth Church by Philip Hind. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. Historical Descriptions …

Aldworth Berkshire Family History Guide Read More »

Aldworth Cassey History, Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868

Is a small village and parish, 12 miles west from Reading, and 47 from London, in the hundred of Compton, union of Wantage, and diocese of Oxford. The church of St. Peter is an ancient fabric, of Mixed Gothic architecture, with tower, nave, south aisle, and chancel: the interior contains several monuments, on which lie …

Aldworth Cassey History, Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868 Read More »

Appleford Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868

Is a village and chapelry belonging to Sutton Courtney, but independent of it as relates to its parochial affairs; it is 3 miles south-east from Abingdon, and 55 from London, in the hundred of Ock, union of Abingdon, and diocese of Oxford. The chapel is a plain little old building. The living is a chapelry, …

Appleford Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868 Read More »

Appleford, Berkshire Family History Guide

Appleford is a chapelry of Sutton Courtenay Ancient Parish in Berkshire. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1563 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Appleford Clifton Hampden Long Wittenham Culham Dorchester Sutton Courtenay Didcot Historical Descriptions Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850 Appleford, 6 m. S. Abingdon. P. 187. Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second …

Appleford, Berkshire Family History Guide Read More »

Appleton with Eaton Berkshire Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868

Appleton is a parish, in the hundred of Ock, union of Abingdon, and diocese of Oxford, situated about 5½ miles north-west from Abingdon, and 7 south-west from Oxford, bounded by the Thames on the west. The church of St. Lawrence is a plain structure, with nave, chancel, and square embattled tower containing ten very fine …

Appleton with Eaton Berkshire Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868 Read More »