Witcham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Other places in the parish include: Witcham Gravel, Wolvey Holes, Wolvey Hills, and Fen.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Ely St Mary
- Welches Dam
- Little Downham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WITCHAM, a parish in Ely district, Cambridge; 5¾ miles W by N of Ely r. station. It has a post-office under Ely. Acres, 2,671. Real property, £5,510. Pop., 495. Houses, 113. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £100. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church is ancient. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Witcham, Cambridgeshire : baptisms, 1599-1641, 1648, 1662-1900; marriages, 1599-1648, 1662-1900; banns, 1754-1812; 1824-1891; burials, 1599-1641, 1648, 1662-1900; terrier of glebe, 1662; memoranda, 1663-1881; list of vicars, 1746-1846; communicants, 1834-1835, 1847, 1853 Author: Poole, Graham; Church of England. Parish Church of Witcham (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Ely
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Ely
- Poor Law Union: Ely
- Hundred: South Witchford
- Province: Canterbury