Wimpole is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WIMPOLE, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; 2¾ miles SSE of Old North Road r. station, and 7 N of Royston. Post town, Arrington, under Royston. Acres, 2,428. Real property, £3,051. Pop., 406. Houses, 74. The property, with W. Hall, belongs to the Earl of Hardwicke. The Hall is partly of the 17th century, partly of the 18th; contains a rich collection of pictures by the old masters; and is approached by a spacious avenue, 2¾ miles long. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £398. Patron, the Earl of Hardwicke. The church was rebuilt in 1749. Charities, £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Caxton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Barton
- Poor Law Union: Caxton
- Hundred: Wetherley
- Province: Canterbury