Wendy with Shingay is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Other places in the parish include: Shingay.
Alternative names: Wendy
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1550
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WENDY, a parish in the district of Royston and county of Cambridge; 5 miles NNW of Royston r. station. Post town, Arrington, under Royston. Acres, 947. Real property, £1,477. Pop., 128. Houses, 26. The property be1ongs to the trustees of the late Hon. T. Windsor. The living is a vicarage, united with Shingay, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200. Patrons, the Trustees of the Hon. T. Windsor. The church was rebuilt in 1867. There is an endowed school with £30 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Parish register transcripts, 1551-1845 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Wendy (Cambridgeshire); Layng, T. P. R (Thomas Peter Royson), 1901-1985; Church of England. Parish Church of Shingay (Cambridgeshire)
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Royston
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Shingay
- Poor Law Union: Royston
- Hundred: Armingford
- Province: Canterbury