Tydd St Giles is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Other places in the parish include: Tydd Gote.
Alternative names: Tid St Giles
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1687
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: General Baptist, Methodist
- Tydd St Mary
- Newton in the Isle
- West Walton
- Walpole St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TYDD-ST. GILES, a parish, with part of Tydd-Gote hamlet, in Wisbeach district, Cambridge; 2 miles SW of Tydd-St. Mary r. station, and 5 NNW of Wisbeach. Post town, Tydd, under Wisbeach. Acres, 4,991. Real property, £9,778. Pop., 924. Houses, 200. The land is fenny, and has been greatly improved by the formation of the North Level Drain. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £1,050. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is Norman and early English, and was being restored in 1868. A chapel of ease is at Foul-Anchor, and was built in 1866. There are Baptist and Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
An indexed transcription of the parish registers of Tydd St. Giles : baptisms, 1599-1950; marriages, 1559-1950; burials, 1599-1941; banns, 1754-1950 Author: Chapman, Sue; Cambridgeshire Family History Society; Church of England. Parish Church of Tydd-St. Giles (Cambridgeshire)
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Wisbeach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Wisbech
- Poor Law Union: Wisbech
- Hundred: Wisbech
- Province: Canterbury