Thetford is a chapelry of Stretham Ancient Parish in Cambridgeshire.
Alternative names: Little Thetford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Ely St Mary
- Soham with Barway
- Grunty Fen
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THETFORD, a chapelry in Stretham parish, Cambridge; 2¾ miles S by W of Ely r. station. It has a post-office under Ely. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £2,865. Pop., 306. Houses, 64. The living is annexed to Stretham. The church was partly rebuilt in 1863.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
Thetford, Cambridgeshire : baptisms, 1599-1649, 1654-1894; marriages, 1599-1648, 1654-1963; banns, 1754-1812; burials, 1599-1649, 1654-1812; deaths, 1828-1839 Author: Layng, T. P. R (Thomas Peter Royson), 1901-1985; Church of England. Chapelry of Thetford (Cambridgeshire); Cambridgeshire Family History Society
Land and property
- County: Cambridgeshire
- Civil Registration District: Ely
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Ely (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Ely
- Rural Deanery: Ely
- Poor Law Union: Ely
- Hundred: South Witchford
- Province: Canterbury