Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Giles
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
- Hatley St George
- East Hatley
- Steeple Morden
- Croydon cum Clapton
- Cockayne Hatley
- Guilden Morden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TADLOW, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge 3¾ miles SE of Gamlingay r. station, and 7 NW of Royston. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,717. Real property, £1,413. Pop., 214. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to Downing College, Cambridge. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £127. Patron, Downing College, Cambridge. The church is early English.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
TADLOW (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Caxton and Arrington, hundred of Armingford, county of Cambridge, 4 ½ miles (E. S. E.) from Potton; containing 173 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 17., and in the gift of the Master and Fellows of Downing College, Cambridge, who are the impropriators : the great tithes have been commuted for £5. 10., and those of the vicar for £125. 8.; there are 9 acres of glebe.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Civil Registration District: Caxton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Ely
Rural Deanery: Shingay
Poor Law Union: Caxton